Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Indivia: latin for envy


I enjoy the luxury of having, what I feel, is a relatively comfortable place to live in Brooklyn, New York. Nice location (Union Street, Park Slope,) good light, charming kitchen, etc. Really nothing too huge to complain about, (except sort of an awkward lay out and a bedroom with no windows...) but I regress!

Coming across this Red Hook renovation in one of my favorite design blogs Apartment Therapy, made me want to burn down my apartment building in disgust. Honestly! The injustice of real estate in New York is enough to make me punch through walls. In this context, that would be ironic because it would make my already inferior apartment that much more plebeian.

For the full story and picture spread, check out New York Magazine's article on the before and after of this warehouse turned Shangrila. Just maybe make sure you're in a contented mood first.

No comments:

Post a Comment